[ecco-support] Downloading OCCA data -- FTP link broken

MIT gforget at mit.edu
Wed Jul 12 10:47:09 EDT 2023

Hi Geoff

For OCCA (& ECCOv4r1,2) files you can get them from the dataverse archives. I built convenience functions in OceanStateEstimation.jl to select and download files.

https://github.com/gaelforget/OceanStateEstimation.jl#readme

(The dataverse urls for occa & eccov4r2 are in the repo)

Under the gdcc org you’ll find dataverse.jl , pydataverse, etc

https://github.com/gdcc/Dataverse.jl#readme

Sorry about all the broken links on the Ecco site. almost all of the estimates listed under products have been unaccessible for more than 6 months.

 I have been bringing this up to folks on the MIT & ECCO sides about these issues regularly. But not enough as it seems …

Thank you for reporting this & your understanding.

Best,
Gaël

Sent from my iPhone