[ecco-support] Questions about ECCO ocean bottom pressure

Yao, Hongzhi yao.396 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Wed Feb 15 15:34:36 EST 2023

Hi there,

My name is Hongzhi and I’m a graduate student in the Ohio State University. I’m working on elastic load deformation research and trying to use the ECCO ocean bottom pressure v4r4b. My question is, I noticed that you have the differences between PHIBOT, OBPNOPAB, and OBP, but only OBP is provided in the dataset? Could you also provide the other ocean bottom pressure data? Also I would love to know more details about how you utilize the spatial mean atmospheric pressure variations over the global ocean for the ocean bottom pressure. I couldn’t find the info in the user’s guide, it’ll be great if you can show the details of OBP related calculation.

Thanks,
Hongzhi