[ecco-support] Question about a mooring observational constraint on ECCOv4r4

Ashneel Chandra Ashneel.Chandra at uib.no
Thu Aug 24 05:50:52 EDT 2023

Hi

I am aware that mooring observations are used to constrain the ECCO state estimates.
However, I have a question about whether or not mooring observations (https://data.eol.ucar.edu/dataset/347.230) from the DYNAMO experiment, which was a field campaign (between September 2011 - January 2012) to better understand the Madden-Julian Oscillation, has been used as an observational constrain for ECCO ocean state estimates.
The reason being that I am comparing ECCO state estimates against this mooring data and wanted to know if it is an independent dataset to compare ECCO estimates with.

Best

Ashneel Chandra
PhD Candidate in Climate Dynamics
Geophysical Institute