[ecco-support] [EXTERNAL] Obtain ECCO LLC90 data files from NAS?

Zhang, Hong (US 398K) hong.zhang at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Nov 21 20:29:35 EST 2022

On Nov 21, 2022, at 9:17 AM, Elipot, Shane <selipot at miami.edu<mailto:selipot at miami.edu>> wrote:

Hello,

I would like to obtain your suggestion on how to best obtain and download data from ECCO LLC90. Specifically I would like to obtain the entire daily output for 5 variables/fields (EVEL,NVEL,SSH,SSHIB, and THETA) which should amount to about 4.5TB for all the daily interp files from 1992 to end of 2016.

I am aware that ECCO has a dedicated data server called Ecco drive but this one does not have all the daily field. So in conclusion I would like to download on my local HPC from NAS everything under

Hi Shane,
ECCO V4 dataset is also hosted @PO.DAAC
eccodata/llc_90/ECCOv4/Release4/interp_daily/[E,N]VEL/*
https://podaac.jpl.nasa.gov/dataset/ECCO_L4_OCEAN_VEL_05DEG_DAILY_V4R4
eccodata/llc_90/ECCOv4/Release4/interp_daily/SSH[,IB]/*
https://podaac.jpl.nasa.gov/dataset/ECCO_L4_SSH_05DEG_DAILY_V4R4B
eccodata/llc_90/ECCOv4/Release4/interp_daily/THETA/*
https://podaac.jpl.nasa.gov/dataset/ECCO_L4_TEMP_SALINITY_05DEG_DAILY_V4R4
(above assuming you are looking those interpolated to 0.5-degree lat-lon grid)

Should I use something like wget? Would you have some example scripts?

Here is the instruction for wget download from PO.DAAC
https://github.com/ECCO-GROUP/ECCO-ACCESS/blob/master/PODAAC/Downloading_ECCO_datasets_from_PODAAC/README.md

hope it works for you
Hong