[ecco-support] Obtain ECCO LLC90 data files from NAS?

Elipot, Shane selipot at miami.edu
Mon Nov 21 12:17:31 EST 2022

Hello,

I would like to obtain your suggestion on how to best obtain and download data from ECCO LLC90. Specifically I would like to obtain the entire daily output for 5 variables/fields (EVEL,NVEL,SSH,SSHIB, and THETA) which should amount to about 4.5TB for all the daily interp files from 1992 to end of 2016.

I am aware that ECCO has a dedicated data server called Ecco drive but this one does not have all the daily field. So in conclusion I would like to download on my local HPC from NAS everything under

eccodata/llc_90/ECCOv4/Release4/interp_daily/[E,N]VEL/*
eccodata/llc_90/ECCOv4/Release4/interp_daily/SSH[,IB]/*
eccodata/llc_90/ECCOv4/Release4/interp_daily/THETA/*

Should I use something like wget? Would you have some example scripts?

I’d be grateful for any suggestion you may have.

Sincerely

Shane

Shane Elipot |  Research Associate Professor of Ocean Sciences  |  Rosenstiel School of Marine, Atmospheric, and Earth Science  |  University of Miami  |  Ocean Sciences Department  |  4600 Rickenbacker Causeway, Miami, FL, USA  |  +1 305 421 4630  |  selipot at miami.edu<mailto:selipot at miami.edu>  |  selipot.github.io<https://selipot.github.io>  |  twitter.com/ShaneKahn<https://twitter.com/ShaneKahn>  |  co-chair US CLIVAR Uncertainty Quantification Working Group<https://usclivar.org/working-groups/ocean-uncertainty-quantification-working-group>