[ecco-support] About raw uncertainty fields of v4r4

NA Yongsu ynaab at connect.ust.hk
Tue Nov 15 15:27:23 EST 2022

Dear ECCO team,

I'm currently setting up a regional state estimate based on ECCOv4r4. I wonder if there is a way to download raw uncertainties (in lat/lon) of target observations (e.g. satellite) and controls of both oceanic initial conditions and atmospheric forcings (i.e. from Chaudhuri et al. 2013).

Also, it would be great if there is a direction on how to process (e.g. split into time-mean/time-varying components, apply area-weighted scaling while mapping, etc.) the raw files to make the files that have been distributed in v4r4. Thanks in advance!

Best wishes,
Yongsu Na

-----
PhD student
Department of Ocean Science
Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
-----