[ecco-support] [EXTERNAL] ECCOv4-py and XGCM Module Import Error Concern

Wang, Ou (US 329B) ou.wang at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Dec 13 16:22:02 EST 2022

Hello Justin,

These packages can be installed on Macs. Regarding the error for using ecco_v4_py, I wonder if it is caused by an incorrect path. Specifically, the last “ecco_v4_py” in the path is not needed. So the updated code snippet would look like the following:

import sys
sys.path.append('/Users/jcam98/Desktop/Employment/Employment_Categories/Research/Data_Science/Computational_Research_in_Ice_and_Ocean_Systems/git_repos/ecco_v4_py/ECCOv4-py')
import ecco_v4_py as ecco

Best,
Ou Wang