[Dspace-general] Seach chinese characters

Tansley, Robert robert.tansley at hp.com
Thu Dec 8 17:27:29 EST 2005

I don't think 1.3.2 can search Chinese characters, but in 1.4 (due early
next year) lets you plug-in support for different languages (in the form
of Apache Lucene analysers).  Included will be a plug-in that I believe
it works with both traditional and simplified Chinese.  It is a 'simple'
search -- it merely matches characters, and does no parsing of Chinese
words, for example.

Analysers for other languages available (as source code) from:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/java/trunk/contrib/analyzers/src/
java/org/apache/lucene/analysis/

Rob