[Dspace-general] Decentralized authorization?

Andrea Bollini bollini at cilea.it
Fri Dec 2 10:08:45 EST 2005

Hi,
I have written a patch, available on sourceforge.net
(https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=319984&aid=1237589&group_id=19984)
and applicable to dspace 1.2.2, that makes available a role of community
admin.
I'm working to port and re-engineer it to the latest dspace developments
(for more details see:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=13873919)
I hope I will be able to submit the new patch within next week.
Best regards,
Andrea

At 18.21 30/11/2005, bryce benton wrote:
>How does the latest version or the current development version of
>DSpace deal with decentralized authorizations?
>
>We found a discussion* on this topic, but it is not clear how these
>matters were resolved. If anyone has some pointers or other insights,
>we'd appreciate it very much.
>
>--Bryce Benton
>University of North Texas
>School of Library and Information Sciences

>*
>http://www.student.kuleuven.ac.be/~m9917697/dspace/decentralizedAdministration/decentralizedAdministration.html

Dott. Andrea Bollini
Software Development AePIC - http://www.aepic.it
(Academic e-Publishing Infrastructures)
CILEA - Consorzio Interuniversitario per l'ICT
Via R. Sanzio 4, I-20090 SEGRATE MI
tel. +39 02 2699 5386