[Dspace-general] Re: Dspace-general Digest, Vol 29, Issue 1

Jon Ferguson j.ferguson at abdn.ac.uk
Fri Dec 2 05:23:48 EST 2005

Hi Bryce,

We had a good discussion about this at the User group's meeting in
Cambridge.  At that time it just looked like implementation was a 'bridge
too far' for the time being.  I have noticed that there has been some
significant work done lately on Group management (it's in CVS but not yet
in a standard release at last look).  I don't know if there's been more
discussion since regarding roles/groups.

Cheers,
Jon

At 12:01 01/12/2005 -0500, you wrote:
>Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 11:21:59 -0600
>From: bryce benton <brycebenton at gmail.com>
>To: dspace-general at mit.edu
>Subject: [Dspace-general] Decentralized authorization?
>Message: 1
>
>How does the latest version or the current development version of
>DSpace deal with decentralized authorizations?
>
>We found a discussion* on this topic, but it is not clear how these
>matters were resolved. If anyone has some pointers or other insights,
>we'd appreciate it very much.
>
>--Bryce Benton
>University of North Texas
>School of Library and Information Sciences

>*
>http://www.student.kuleuven.ac.be/~m9917697/dspace/decentralizedAdministration/decentralizedAdministration.html

Dr. Jon Ferguson
Senior Health Database Scientist

IMMPACT, Dugald Baird Centre for Research on Women's Health
University of Aberdeen
Foresterhill Lea, Westburn Rd, Aberdeen, UK

+44 (0)1224 551850
j.ferguson at abdn.ac.uk
www.abdn.ac.uk/immpact