[Dspace-general] Administrator rights per community

wally grotophorst wallyg at zoombox.gmu.edu
Wed May 26 10:31:11 EDT 2004

Have set up a new installation of 1.2 Beta 2, have the handle-plugin
working correctly.

I'm now building some test communities & collections and have a question
about "administrator" rights.

Is it possible to grant administrator powers to an e-person but limit
the exercise of those rights to a particular community?  In other words,
such a user could do all admin functions that relate to that community
but no special powers in any other area of the system?  Based on my
limited experience thus far, it seems that administrator is
system-wide...so even something like being able to change the logo for a
particular community requires installation-wide admin powers.  Is that
correct or have I not spent enough time reading how this works?

-- wally

wally grotophorst
university libraries
george mason university