[Cp-bulletin] (no subject)

John Driscoll driscol at MIT.EDU
Mon Aug 27 16:41:12 EDT 2007

Several people at MIT received an anonymous email today with an unspecified
bomb threat.  We investigated this matter thoroughly, engaging the Cambridge
Police and Fire Departments.  We also learned that a number of other
universities across the country received a similar anonymous, unspecified
email bomb threat today.

We found no evidence to support the unspecified threat, nor did any other
university.

As a reminder, any suspicious package should be reported to the MIT Police
(617-253-1212).  Leave the item alone, and avoid the use of cell phones to
report suspicious items.