[Cad] [motors, power ee, & evs] (Siemens) Electric aircraft: World-record (50kg:260 kW contiunuous) electric motor makes first flight. also, electric dirigibles from 1885?!

damon vanderlind damonvl at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 20:27:44 EDT 2016

The approach is to have a closed shell around the stator such that the oil
does not enter the airgap. This increases the airgap by a portion of a
millimeter. This will have some variable effect based on the type of magnet
and the machine design.

Usually something akin to a transformer oil is good to use. I have used
synthetic transformer oils to good effect. Just don't light your engine on
fire...

--damon