[ASA-Official] Spring GBM Agenda | CPW Midway Signups

Jessica Giang jgiang at mit.edu
Thu Mar 28 18:52:50 EDT 2024

Dear Student Group Leaders,

Please read the following announcements carefully:

  *   Spring GBM Agenda

  *   CPW Midway Signups

________________________________

Spring GBM Agenda

Tldr: The ASA Spring General Body Meeting will be held on Monday April 1 from 5pm-7pm at 26-100. The agenda can be found here <https://tinyurl.com/447c68kf>. Please reach out to asa-exec at mit.edu<mailto:asa-exec at mit.edu> if you would like to add any extra items to the Open Floor.

Extra Details: Elections for members of the ASA Board will occur during this GBM. If you wish to nominate yourself for a position, please fill out this survey <https://cglink.me/2cy/s576>. You can find information about the elected positions here <https://tinyurl.com/yns4bvk7>. If you would like to find out more, you can message the ASA at <asa-exec at mit.edu<mailto:asa-exec at mit.edu>> or attend one of our weekly 5:15pm Monday meetings in 50-220 (please confirm the time and location prior to attending). Please arrive promptly so we can start on time to get through the agenda as efficiently as possible. We will send out an agenda including any documents to review before the meeting at least one week before that date.

The same rules apply as for a normal GBM: FSILGs, graduate dorms, and club sports may attend if they wish to but are not required to do so.

ASA groups are still required to send one member per group, but you may represent as many groups as you like, and each attendee can only exercise one vote. Each ASA-recognized group is required to send their President or a presidentially appointed GBM Proxy; groups that do not send a representative will incur a fine and may be suspended or de-recognized if the group has repeatedly missed GBMs. As per usual, there will be a makeup option available to groups that are unable to send a member to the GBM. Food will be served.

CPW Midway Signups

The CPW Midway will be on Saturday, April 13th from 1:00-3:00pm in the Johnson Athletic Center (W34). Groups can sign up for the Midway at <https://cglink.me/2cy/s557>. The deadline for signups is Friday, April 5th at 11:59pm.

Please feel free to email <asa-exec at mit.edu> with any requests, questions, or other inquiries.

Sincerely,

The ASA Executive Board

<http://web.mit.edu/asa/about/board-members.html<https://owa.exchange.mit.edu/owa/redir.aspx?C=yJZiAshjpbls53XEeUTtaeG7QyQZOrRww1ynwDsXIq7mEiCV5MHWCA..&URL=http%3a%2f%2fweb.mit.edu%2fasa%2fabout%2fboard-members.html>>