[acs-r] table B15002H

Ezra Haber Glenn eglenn at mit.edu
Tue Jan 31 08:49:25 EST 2017

>From what I can tell, the B15002X tables (e.g., B15002A, B15002B,
B15002H, etc.) are not available via the census API, and thus not
available through the acs package.  You can get this data via
factfinder and import it to R.

However, there is a "C15002X" version with all the A, B, C options
(i.e., C15002, C15002A, C15002H, etc.) -- pretty much the same data,
but the educational levels are grouped a bit (fewer categories).
Compare
<https://factfinder.census.gov/faces/affhelp/jsf/pages/metadata.xhtml?lang=en&type=table&id=table.en.ACS_15_5YR_B15002#main_content>
and
<https://factfinder.census.gov/faces/affhelp/jsf/pages/metadata.xhtml?lang=en&type=table&id=table.en.ACS_15_5YR_C15002H#main_content>.

Hope that helps.

--Ezra

On Fri, 27 Jan 2017 17:09:20 -0500, Elizabeth Tighe wrote:

> I'm fairly new to use of this ACS package.  I'm currently trying to work
> with tables B15002 & B15002H at the county level.  Table B15002 appears
> as fetchable, but not B15002H.  I understand some estimates at the
> county level in Table B15002H are suppressed because they are
> unreliable, but for the many that are not suppressed and are available
> on FactFinder, it would be speedier to work with the data through this
> package than to manually download files from FactFinder.
>
> If this is something anyone in this group might have experience with,
> tips/suggestions would be much appreciated!
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
>
> Elizabeth Tighe, Ph.D.
> Research Scientist
> Steinhardt Social Research Institute
> Brandeis University

Ezra Haber Glenn, AICP
Department of Urban Studies and Planning
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
77 Massachusetts Ave., Room 7-346
Cambridge, MA 02139
eglenn at mit.edu