[acs-r] Problem with ACS package

Holt, Dennis Dennis.Holt at dhhs.nh.gov
Mon Aug 15 13:08:46 EDT 2016

Ezra,
I am having trouble with the ACS package today.
There is apparently a dependency with a web link to you files on the MIT server which is not working.
Here is the command I ran and the results:

      > year <- 2014
      > nh.pop <- acs.fetch(endyear = year, geo = geo.make(state = 33),
      +                     table.number = "B01003")
      trying URL 'http://web.mit.edu/eglenn/www/acs/acs-variables/acs_5yr_2014_var.xml.gz'
      Content type 'application/xml' length 729614 bytes (712 KB)
      downloaded 712 KB

      Error in file(file, "rt") : cannot open the connection
      > nh.pop  # for 2013
      Error: object 'nh.pop' not found

Thank you for supporting this package,
Dennis

Dennis Holt
Environmental Public Health Data Analyst
Division of Public Health Services
NH Department of Health and Human Services
(603) 271-8990  dennis.holt at dhhs.nh.gov