[acs-r] Problem with ACS package

Ezra Haber Glenn eglenn at mit.edu
Mon Aug 15 14:29:27 EDT 2016

What's strange is that the package should only be looking to my mit
archive when it can't find the variable metadata at the census website
*and* you don't have a local copy archived.  (The latter would be
there if you'd even run acs.tables.install(), a helper function.)

Can you see whether you are able to access the following, either in R
or just a browser:

   http://api.census.gov/data/2014/acs5/variables.xml

--Ezra

eglenn at mit.edu