Subject: [Wocky] Re: Jabber Project Announcement

From: Jonathan Reed <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 10:31:02 -0400

Hi,

Is it envisioned that Jabber will eventually replace Zephyr at MIT? 
In particular, will it replace it for communication in the Athena 
environment?  If so, I'd like Athena Consulting to be involved in 
some early testing.  In particular, since Athena Consulting uses 
Zephyr for both communication with clients and with co-workers, it 
would be nice to see how Jabber fits in to our current work model.

Thanks,

Jon

At 10:10 AM -0400 7/18/05, Joanne M. Hallisey wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I am pleased to announce the startup of an IS&T project to introduce 
>an MIT-wide Jabber messaging service.  We hope to offer this service 
>to users in a pilot capacity in September 2005.  The project is 
>#1127 in the IT work database.
>
>The project is sponsored by Theresa Regan.
>Joanne Hallisey is the Project Manager.
>Greg Hudson is the Technical Lead.
>
>The project plans to begin the pilot at the beginning of the fall 
>2005 semester.  The pilot will be monitored for any unforeseen 
>issues, and information will be collected during the semester to 
>inform the support and service processes for a future production 
>service.
>
>The project has had an ITAG review and initial contact has been made 
>with SWRT, Training and Publications and the Computing Help Desk. 
>If you think that the project should check in with your team, or if 
>you have questions, please contact us at [email-masked].  If you 
>would like to follow the work of the project, please subscribe to 
>the list membership.
>
>Thank you.
>Joanne
>
>
>
>--
>Joanne Hallisey
>Sr. Project Manager
>MIT - Information Services and Technology
>617-253-1894

-- 
-------------------
Jonathan Reed

[email-masked]
-------------------

---

From: "Joanne M. Hallisey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 10:10:23 -0400

Hello,

I am pleased to announce the startup of an IS&T project to introduce 
an MIT-wide Jabber messaging service.  We hope to offer this service 
to users in a pilot capacity in September 2005.  The project is #1127 
in the IT work database.

The project has had an ITAG review and initial contact has been made 
with SWRT, Training and Publications and the Computing Help Desk.  If 
you think that the project should check in with your team, or if you 
have questions, please contact us at [email-masked].  If you would 
like to follow the work of the project, please subscribe to the list 
membership.

Thank you.
Joanne

---

From: Riley Hart <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 10:46:10 -0400

Hi.

Could you send me a one- or two-sentence description of a "Jabber messaging 
service?"  Thanks.

-Riley Hart

At 10:10 AM 7/18/2005, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I am pleased to announce the startup of an IS&T project to introduce an 
>MIT-wide Jabber messaging service.  We hope to offer this service to users 
>in a pilot capacity in September 2005.  The project is #1127 in the IT 
>work database.
>
>The project plans to begin the pilot at the beginning of the fall 2005 
>semester.  The pilot will be monitored for any unforeseen issues, and 
>information will be collected during the semester to inform the support 
>and service processes for a future production service.
>
>The project has had an ITAG review and initial contact has been made with 
>SWRT, Training and Publications and the Computing Help Desk.  If you think 
>that the project should check in with your team, or if you have questions, 
>please contact us at [email-masked].  If you would like to follow the work 
>of the project, please subscribe to the list membership.
>
>Thank you.
>Joanne
>
>
>
>--
>Joanne Hallisey
>Sr. Project Manager

***********************************************************
Riley Hart
Business Systems Analyst, HR-Payroll Project

Information Services & Technology
Massachusetts Institute of Technology, W92-210
(617) 452-4514
fax (617) 258-8736
************************************************************