Subject: [Wocky] Draft Service Page

From: Heather Anne Harrison <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 09:29:04 -0400

Hi,

I took a pass at an updated Jabber service page for go-live. 
Please take a look and see what you think.  It is significantly
different since we're moving out of pilot and all the version
pages will be live.  The former changes all the support info and
the later greatly simplifies the software chart.  I did still
mention the wocky list as a feedback channel, but I'm not sure
if that's something we want to do or not.

MIT Jabber Instant Messaging Service
https://web.mit.edu/ist/dontindex/aurora/jabber.html

I also created an extra stock answer for Athena since there
aren't version pages for Athena software.

Q: How do I install and configure Gaim on Athena?
http://itinfo.mit.edu/answer.php?id=8138

Heather Anne
[email-masked]

---

From: Atticus O Gifford <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 13:29:41 -0400

That page looks perfect.  I personally think that leaving the wocky list is a
good idea, since we want to continue to gather ideas about using Jabber 
at MIT.
If people don't want to get the (probably low-traffic) email from that list,
they can always unsusbscribe.

Thanks,
atticus

---

From: William Cattey <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 17:55:09 -0400

I looked at the draft Service Page and the new Stock Answer, and I  
agree with Atticus.  They look perfect! I also agree that leaving the  
wocky pointer is a good idea.

-wdc

On Jun 15, 2006, at 1:29 PM, Atticus O Gifford wrote:

> good idea, since we want to continue to gather ideas about using  
> Jabber at MIT.