Subject: [Wocky] Meeting Notes: Jabber - October 25, 2005

From: "Joanne M. Hallisey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 09:23:16 -0400

Jabber Meeting Notes
October 25, 2005

Several questions are coming in to the list.  The open issues were 
discussed.  Greg will send out a followup email listing those items 
to be investigated in the near future.

Support of piloteers: Right now Greg is answering questions; Paul has 
answered some.  If the volume increases, will want to split up the 
load.  Need to look at how to eventually move this to support.

Do we want to use RT so that we can show the volume and types of 
questions to CSS?  If the volume increases we may want to consider.

Next steps:
- Has Atticus completed the Gaim installer?  Where is he with the Mac 
installer?  Joanne will ask him.

- Greg will be deploying 2.0 s10 to the test server

- Heather will begin a draft version page for Windows Gaim.

What is the followup on Cecila Marra's request - what would be the 
level of work involved to meet this request?  Out of the scope of the 
initial pilot.  Good phase 2 effort.  Jabber Inc. sells a web-based 
product. Needs more discussion.

For coming out of pilot will want to know how to move from PO15 to 
the production server.
What is the process of getting 2.0 s 10 on a production server?

Criteria for deploying enterprise-wide
What is the uptake?
How many messages are being exchanged?
What is the load performance?
Keep track of how many messages we get per unit time?
Technical issues?

What are the things that need to be in place for a rollout?  Support 
and Service model etc.

-- 
Joanne Hallisey
Sr. Project Manager
MIT - Information Services and Technology
617-253-1894