Subject: [Wocky] a few questions

From: "Sharron Sawyer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 12:39:10 -0400

Ok I have GAIM installed ok but I can't seem to add buddies. I've added my
own successfully but that's it. I was under the impression that we would be
able to enter anyone at mit. Did I get that wrong. I'm not a techie like a
lot of you folks sound like you are.

sharron

Sharron Sawyer

QA Analyst
MIT Information Services & Technology
W92-210, 304 Vassar St.
Cambridge, MA 02139
(617) 258-0235
[email-masked]

---

From: Greg Hudson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 13:02:59 -0400

On Thu, 2005-10-20 at 12:39 -0400, Sharron Sawyer wrote:
> Ok I have GAIM installed ok but I can’t seem to add buddies. I’ve
> added my own successfully but that’s it. I was under the impression
> that we would be able to enter anyone at mit. Did I get that wrong.
> I’m not a techie like a lot of you folks sound like you are.

With gaim, you need to use the full "[email-masked]" when adding
buddies; simply adding "username" won't work.  (iChat, on the other
hand, seems to do the right thing with just "username".)  This has been
a common usability issue for the pilot, and is something we will
definitely try to address.