Subject: [Wocky] Jabber Project Announcement

From: "Joanne M. Hallisey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 11:06:20 -0500

Hello,

I am pleased to announce the startup of an IS&T project to introduce 
an MIT-wide Jabber messaging service.  We hope to offer this service 
to users in a pilot capacity in September 2005.  The project is #1127 
in the IT work database.

The project is sponsored by Theresa Regan.
Joanne Hallisey is the Project Manager.
Greg Hudson is the Technical Lead.

The project plans to begin the pilot at the beginning of the fall 
2005 semester.  The pilot will be monitored for any unforeseen 
issues, and information will be collected during the semester to 
inform the support and service processes for a future production 
service.

The project has had an ITAG review and initial contact has been made 
with SWRT, Training and Publications and the Computing Help Desk.  If 
you think that the project should check in with your team, or if you 
have questions, please contact us at [email-masked].  If you would 
like to follow the work of the project, please subscribe to the list 
membership.

Thank you.
Joanne

-- 
Joanne Hallisey
Sr. Project Manager
MIT - Information Services and Technology
617-253-1894
-- 
Joanne Hallisey
Sr. Project Manager
MIT - Information Services and Technology
617-253-1894