Subject: [Wocky] Openfire bug and patch

From: "Alejandro R. Sedeno" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2007 22:35:41 -0400

Openfire has a bug with how it treats some groupchat messages. If a
groupchat message contains both a subject and a body, the fact that it
contains a subject triggers the subject change code. If the subject was
already the current subject of the conference, the message is silently
dropped.

XEP-0045 specifies that subject changes are groupchat messages with a
subject and no body, so the silent drop behavior is a bug. It also
completely breaks barnowl's use of the subject as a replacement for
zephyr's instances.

I reported the issue upstream earlier today, and JM-1144 was filed
against it.

http://www.igniterealtime.org/issues/browse/JM-1144

The problem was quickly resolved in the openfire svn. (r9289) The patch,
extracted from svn, can be found in my Public at:

/mit/asedeno/Public/OpenfireMucSubject.patch
http://web.mit.edu/asedeno/Public/OpenfireMucSubject.patch

Can this patch be applied to our installation of Openfire?

Thanks,
-Alejandro

---

From: Greg Hudson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2007 12:21:08 -0400

We are currently using a stock Openfire RPM rather than building from
source.  So, irritating as it is, this will probably have to wait until
Jive release Openfire 3.4 and we upgrade to it.