Subject: [Wocky] Adium 1.3.1 and password prompt?

From: Adam Seering <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 12:12:29 -0400

Hey all,
	Has anyone had any trouble with Adium 1.3.1 and Kerberos sign-on?  I  
upgraded recently; since the upgrade, maybe half the time? it prompts  
me for a password and fails to log in.  If I click 'Cancel' and fiddle  
around for a while, it generally will sign on.

	Unrelatedly, any word on using a valid MIT cert?  Or is that now in  
place, and my computer's just confused?

Thanks,
Adam

---

From: Ken Raeburn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 12:17:55 -0400

> around for a while, it generally will sign on.

I've been using it without any problems.

Ken

---

From: Patrick M McNeal <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 09:35:24 -0400

> around for a while, it generally will sign on.

I've also not had any problems.
 
> place, and my computer's just confused?

I heard that a new cert was installed on the server, but iChat is still
complaining about not being able to verify jabber.mit.edu.  Anyone know
exactly what was installed?

--Patrick

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Patrick McNeal
Macintosh Platform Coordinator - Software Release Team
Client Support Services, Information Services and Technology
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
N42-250E
Cambridge, MA 02139
+1 617 253-0196
[email-masked]

IS&T IT staff will *NEVER* send you email requesting your password
information. Please ignore any email messages that claim to require you to
provide such information.

---

From: Ken Raeburn <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 10:26:27 -0400

> exactly what was installed?

Adium complains to me, as well.
According to the dialog it displays, the certificate is valid starting  
9/18/8 (so it clearly is new), but if I read this right, it's a self- 
signed certificate for mit.edu, not one signed by the MIT CA?

Ken

---

From: Patrick M McNeal <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 10:34:23 -0400

> signed certificate for mit.edu, not one signed by the MIT CA?

Jeff (jis) got back to me and said he's already looking into getting a
proper cert installed.

--Patrick