Subject: [Wocky] FWD: Adding encryption support to gaim on Athena

From: oliver thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 13:44:26 -0400

The below request came into Suggest and Athena Consulting. We are not sure
whether there actually was encryption support in an earlier version of
gaim, but either way it seems like wocky is the right group to decide
whether it should be added to the current version on Athena.

The client on this request is [email-masked].

Thanks!

Oliver

-----Original Message-----
[4448] [email-masked] ([email-masked])  Athena Software Suggestions  10/1
8/05 10:07 (27 lines)
Subject: Your OLC question about "other"
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 10:07:03 -0400
From: [email-masked]
Message-Id: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
cc: Lisa Caroline Lewis <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: Athena On-Line Consulting <[email-masked]>
Errors-To: [email-masked]

--------

Hello,

OLC received the following question regarding gaim from [email-masked] (cc'd on
this mail):

******************************************
Is there any chance that the current gaim could have encryption plugings
added to the vanilla Athena version (1.5.0)?  Or whom should I ask about 
such things?

The earlier version before the Athena upgrade (gaim 1.1.4) did offer 
encryption, so it seems a logical offering to continue...
******************************************

Regards,
Rob Radez
Athena Consultant
--[4448]--

---

From: Greg Hudson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 15:20:56 -0400

> whether it should be added to the current version on Athena.

I've added gaim-encryption to the source tree, and it should go into the
next patch release (no scheduled date).

Since Linda is leaving MIT, I'll defer on responding directly to her
request, but I know other people have asked for that functionality in
the past.

---

From: Oliver Thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 16:37:25 -0400

Thanks Greg!