Subject: [Wocky] Kerberos authentication support status

From: Greg Hudson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 17:01:15 -0500

I've imported the 2005-10-02 jabberd CVS snapshot into the source
repository andchecked in the necessary changes to get it to work.  I
submitted two of the relevant patches upstream (though I need to do so
again in their bugtracker).  Using Simon's patch from August
(http://mailman.mit.edu/pipermail/wocky/2005-August/000007.html) I was
able to test Kerberos authentication from gaim.  I believe the server
code is ready to be put on po15, and will pursue that with Mark soon.

On the client side, Simon's patch from August worked for Kerberos
authentication, but broke password authentication over SSL and clearly
needed some work.  About a month ago, Simon sent us mail offering new
patches
(http://mailman.mit.edu/pipermail/wocky/2005-October/000077.html) but
then never followed up.  I sent him a note today, but he's been
unresponsive to my mail lately; I hope he's okay.  If he's disappeared
into thin air, we can eventually give up and use his August patch as a
basis for our own work, but for now I'm going to move on to other
issues and see if he gets back to me.