Subject: [Wocky] Re: Jabber - Linux client

From: "Robert M. Lang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 14:59:42 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I just tried using Aim 1.3.1-0.el4.3 on RHEL 4, and when I try to jabber
to myself, I get a message:

Jabber Message Error
message delivery to username failed (Code 502)

I figure the problem is related to the fact that I'm running Aim 1.3.1 and
not 1.5 as recommended. The problem is that Aim 1.5 is not available at
this time from the MIT RHN satellite proxy server.

Has anyone made this work under Linux?

rml
p.s. I'm not on this list yet.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bob Lang              Room N42-140Q            |  This space for rent
Consultant            MIT unix-linux-help      |
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: 339-927-4489
Note to subscribers: Please e-mail to [email-masked] so that all the
consultants see your message. This will ensure a more timely response. Thanks.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Jonathan Reed <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 15:19:02 -0400

Are you trying to send a message to blang, or [email-masked]?  You 
need to use the fully qualified name.  I'm using Jabber with the Gaim 
that came with RHEL4, and I was able to reproduce that error if I try 
to chat with "jdreed", but if I chat with "[email-masked]", it works 
as expected.

The Gaim that comes with RHEL definitely works, though.

-Jon

At 2:59 PM -0400 10/18/05, Robert M. Lang wrote:
>_______________________________________________
>Wocky mailing list
>[email-masked]
>http://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/wocky

-- 
-------------------
Jonathan Reed

[email-masked]
-------------------

---

From: "Robert M. Lang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 15:33:41 -0400 (EDT)

> to chat with "jdreed", but if I chat with "[email-masked]", it works 

That was it - thanks!
 
> The Gaim that comes with RHEL definitely works, though.

regards,
rml