Subject: [Wocky] [Fwd: Gaim chat room configuration dialog]

From: Greg Hudson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 14:58:34 -0400

I'm going to be forwarding some mail which was sent to testers or bugs
regarding the gaim in the Athena release.  This first message was sent
by me; the rest were sent by other people.

------- Forwarded transaction

[7332]  [email-masked] (Greg Hudson) testers 08/12/05 14:58 (29 lines)
Subject: Gaim chat room configuration dialog
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 14:58:44 -0400
Message-Id: <[email-masked]>
From: Greg Hudson <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

I've tested this with both the release version of Gaim and the
recently-imported 1.5.0.  Both tests were on Linux with ctwm as my
window manager.

If you click "Chat" from the buddy list and enter a chat room which
doesn't currently exist, you will receive a dialog asking if you want
to Accept Defaults or Configure Room.  If you choose Configure Room,
the dialog goes away, nothing else happens, and the new room remains
locked.

If you then click "Chat" from the buddy list again and enter a
*second* nonexistent chat room, you receive the room configuration
dialog for the first new room, along with a dialog asking if you want
to use accept defaults or configure room for the second new room.  (If
you choose to configure the second room, you again fail to immediately
get a room configuration dialog, but cancelling out of the
configuration of the first room causes the second room's configuration
dialog to appear.)

On a related note, it might be nice if the initial dialog had an
option to cancel the room creation, in case it was a typo.

Paul has reported similar behavior under Windows, so I doubt that this
is specific to my window manager.
--[7332]--

------- End forwarded transaction