Subject: [Wocky] Single sign-on status update

From: Greg Hudson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 01:27:06 -0500

jabber.mit.edu (which is no longer po15) now supports the GSSAPI SASL
authentication mechanism.

That isn't very exciting until we have clients which support it as
well.  Does iChat have any support for that, or is it expected to?  We
have some Gaim patches from Simon Wilkinson from August, which I've
tested.  They work for GSSAPI authentication but break password
authentication, and have some other issues.  I'm expecting to receive
some updated client patches from Simon soon.

---

From: Albert Willis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 10:05:32 -0500

On Nov 23, 2005, at 1:27 AM, Greg Hudson wrote:

> Does iChat have any support for that, or is it expected to?

I'll ask for this as a "feature request". I'll report back what happens.

   -- Al

______________________________
Albert Willis
Macintosh Platform Coordinator - Software Release Team
Information Services and Technology
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
[email-masked]