Subject: [Wocky] Jabber project

From: Patrick Whitney <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 10:06:16 -0500

Hello Jabber Team,

I've tried out the MIT jabber server.  It works great.

Are there any plans to add some of the zephyr functionality to the jabber 
service? Specifically, I'm curious about print notifications when using 
athena print queues.

Thanks,
-Patrick

+=+====\=======||=======/====+=+
Patrick Whitney
TSM Administrator
VM Systems Services Team
Information Services and Technology
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
[email-masked]
617-253-5767

---

From: Greg Hudson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 13:08:53 -0500

Hello, sorry for the delayed response.  You wrote:
> Are there any plans to add some of the zephyr functionality to the
> jabber service? Specifically, I'm curious about print notifications
> when using athena print queues.

We are certainly going to consider adding some of the automated
notification functionality available in Zephyr to Jabber.  It requires
some technical work (right now most of the software we're familiar with
for sending Jabber messages is GUI-oriented, which isn't helpful for a
server) and isn't on the immediate radar, but as the Jabber service goes
forward I think we will see it happening.