Subject: [Wocky] Updated MIT Adium 1.2.4 installer

From: Patrick McNeal <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 11:39:18 -0400

We're working on updating the MIT Adium installer to include version  
1.2.4  A test build can be found here:

https://web.mit.edu/swrt/releases/adium/installer/mit-adium-1.2.4-b5.dmg

As with previous installers, this one will prompt you for your user  
name and automatically configure an MIT Jabber account.  Updated  
instructions can be found here:

http://itinfo.mit.edu/article.php?id=8817

Please let us know if you run into any problems.  We're hoping to  
release this on Tuesday, 4/8.

--Patrick

---

From: Ken Raeburn <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 15:29:02 -0400

> https://web.mit.edu/swrt/releases/adium/installer/mit-adium-1.2.4- 

It looks good to me, but I'm still getting prompted about the  
certificate.  If the server isn't going to get fixed, is there  
something we can do at install time to make this certificate be  
considered okay?  (Turning off cert checking is probably not a good  
choice.)

Ken

---

From: Jacob Morzinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 16:43:12 -0400

On Thu, 3 Apr 2008, Ken Raeburn <[email-masked]> wrote:
> certificate.  

Oddly, when I used the installer, I *stopped* getting warned
about the certificate.  This morning, using Adium 1.2.4 from the
internet download site, I got warned about the certificate.
I tested a few times, trying to get around it, and got warned
every time.

After I've run the MIT installer, I'm no longer getting warned
about the certificate.  I've quit and restarted Adium a few
times, and am still not being warned.

This behavior could suggest that there is something else going
on.  Is there a load balancer directing us to differently-configured
servers with different certificates?  Something else?

 -Jacob

-- 
Jacob Morzinski <[email-masked]>
Client Support Services
Information Services and Technology

---

From: Patrick McNeal <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 16:50:42 -0400

> considered okay?  (Turning off cert checking is probably not a good

Using this installer, I'm not seen any certificate issues with Adium.   
I've tried this on clean installs of both 10.4.11 and 10.5.2.  What if  
you blow away your existing adium user settings?

---

From: Ken Raeburn <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 19:40:16 -0400

On Apr 3, 2008, at 16:50, Patrick McNeal wrote:
> Using this installer, I'm not seen any certificate issues with  
> Adium.  I've tried this on clean installs of both 10.4.11 and  
> 10.5.2.  What if you blow away your existing adium user settings?

And mess with configurations for six other accounts? :)

It may be that in a fresh install, strict certificate checking is  
turned off?  When I got prompted for an account, I skipped that step  
and went straight to installing the software.  Maybe specifying the  
account name to the installer overwrites the account configuration  
and turns that option off?  Jacob, did you give it your account name  
to (re-)set up your account?

Ken