Subject: [Wocky] Meeting Notes: Jabber

From: Joanne Hallisey <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 09:28:13 -0500

Theresa extended the invitation to additional piloteers.  One person  
responded.

We have asked Mark for usage/server statistics; waiting for his  
response.

Survey - reviewed questions - Joanne will send them to wocky at the  
end of the week.  This will give the newest users some time to use  
Jabber.

Server to server: did some tests.  It works fine on some public  
jabber servers.  Jabber.org has had some problems and has not been  
working gmail.com (googletalk) does not do server to server right  
now.    12jabber.com; jis.mit.edu work.  Heather will set up some  
information/FAQs for server to server.

Atticus:
	Saw Ken Raeburn's responses to the AdiumX and is making changes.

	Did not see any responses to Windows Gaim installer.

	Hope to have updates out in 2 or 3 days for next round of testing.

	Windows installer should work in the domain.  Gaim will appear in  
the Start Menu like other MIT installers.  	MIT configurations in  
Tools submenu consistent with other MIT installers.  Run usability  
testing.  Joanne will set up some testing.  Heather Anne will do some  
documentation.

Greg has been looking at the confirmation step when you add a buddy.   
Looked at presence/privacy for other IM solutions.  Right now it is  
hard to make it possible for people who are at MIT to see your  
presence without a confirmation.

Will likely continue the pilot to get more experience and to  
understand more about the Jabber community.

Next meeting: Dec. 19 at 2:00 in .

--------------------------------------------
Joanne Hallisey
IS&T
W92-153
3-1894
[email-masked]