Subject: [Wocky] Adium 1.3 beta

From: Patrick McNeal <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 12:50:09 -0400

Looks like Adium 1.3 is out in beta:

http://tinyurl.com/4gdjlb
http://beta.adiumx.com/

In my initial test, I was able to authenticate with my TGT and wasn't  
prompted about any certificate problems!  Anyone else give it a try?

--Patrick

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Patrick McNeal
Macintosh Platform Coordinator - Software Release Team
Client Support Services, Information Services and Technology
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
N42-250E
Cambridge, MA 02139
+1 617 253-0196
[email-masked]

---

From: Ken Raeburn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 16:38:48 -0400

> prompted about any certificate problems!  Anyone else give it a try?

I'm using GSSAPI authentication too, but it did prompt me about the  
certificate.  (I do have strict certificate checking enabled for that  
account.)  If I read the display right, jabber.mit.edu is sending a  
self-signed cert in the name of mit.edu, in which case the warning is  
entirely justified...

Ken

---

From: Patrick McNeal <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 17:14:44 -0400

On Jun 10, 2008, at 4:38 PM, Ken Raeburn wrote:

> certificate.  (I do have strict certificate checking enabled for  
> that account.)  If I read the display right, jabber.mit.edu is  
> sending a self-signed cert in the name of mit.edu, in which case the  
> warning is entirely justified...

I'm seeing a similar warning on iChat.  I know I've asked in the past,  
but anyone know what the plans are for installing a non-self-signed  
certificate on the jabber server?

--Patrick