Subject: [Wocky] question about Jabber at MIT - Has anyone used Trillan as a client?

From: Peter Wilkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 16:36:51 -0500

Hi:
I have a question about Jabber at MIT.  Has anyone used Trillan as a 
client?  Trillian has a Jabber plug-in, but I have been unsuccessful 
getting a connection.

(Feel free to tell me to use the supported client and be thankful for 
what I get. :-) )

Regards,
Peter

Peter Wilkins
[email-masked]
603-498-1923 cell
207-439-6821 home & office

---

From: Greg Hudson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 17:37:31 -0500

We haven't tested Trillian Pro as a client, but you may be able to get a
connection by following the instructions at
http://www.google.com/support/talk/bin/answer.py?answer=24077 and
modifying them as follows:

  Instead of [email-masked], use [email-masked]
  Instead of talk.google.com, use jabber.mit.edu

Thank you for testing Jabber!