Subject: [Wocky] IS&T Jabber Pilot - Chemical Engineering

From: "Steve Winig" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 14:30:12 -0500

Jim,

As per our discussion, IS&T is running a Jabber pilot and would welcome your
participation.  Below, I have provided a brief overview of the pilot
service.  More detailed information can be found at
http://web.mit.edu/ist/services/messaging/jabber.html 

Service Overview:
Jabber is an instant messaging system that allows MIT users to communicate
with one another and Jabber users elsewhere on the Internet. Jabber also
supports creation and joining of chat rooms for group communication.
Additionally, many Jabber clients also offer support for other instant
messaging systems such as AIM (AOL) and YIM (Yahoo). Currently Jabber
service is offered as part of a pilot project. Limited best effort support
is provided by the project team and pilot participants are strongly
encouraged to provide feedback.

Finally, please be aware that there are MIT installers available.  I have
copied the team, [email-masked], so they can provide the necessary details.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks and we look forward to your feedback.

-Steve

_______________________________________________________ 
Steven Winig 
Relationship Management and Special Assistant to the VP 
Information Services and Technology 
Massachusetts Institute of Technology 
617-253-4558 
[email-masked]