Subject: [Wocky] Documentation Update

From: "Joanne M. Hallisey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 15:31:44 -0400

Meeting Notes:  Jabber - October 4, 2005

Heather Anne has done a lot of work on the documentation and web pages.

The following docs are ready for review.  Let Heather Anne know if you have
any comments/corrections and she can make updates.

Jabber Service Page
http://web.mit.edu/ist/services/messaging/jabber.html

Jabber Stock Answer Branch (we need to look into getting a better
location for this)
http://itinfo.mit.edu/answer.php?id=7916

Gaim 1.5.0 for Linux
http://itinfo.mit.edu/product.php?vid=690

Q: How do I configure Adium X to access the MIT Jabber server?
http://itinfo.mit.edu/answer.php?id=7922

Q: How do I configure Gaim to access MIT's Jabber server?
http://itinfo.mit.edu/answer.php?id=7918

Q: How do I install Gaim on my Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4
machine?
http://itinfo.mit.edu/answer.php?id=7915

The pages can be published once we determine how they should be 
listed e.g. Recommended - Limited Support etc.. Heather Anne will 
look at the options.

Greg looked at work that Atticus did.  If we make our own MSI 
installer from scratch, it will be difficult to avoid clashes with 
other software packages.  First pass, go with embedded exe.  Will 
this cause problems in the Win domain....need to test to see how it 
will react.  Pretty good backwards compatibility for GTK.

Progress: JabberD have released SASL support.  Once we have a way of 
upgrading the server source and can upgrade and deploy, we can try 
this.

Do we want to set up a test server to test the patches?  Ask if Mark 
would be OK with this and if we can then get the source code to 
Greg....need to check on the status of where this is.

Qing checked in the straight GAIM "stuff".  But cannot test until the 
server is set up.

Parking lot issue: failover support

_______________________________________________
Wocky mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/wocky
-- 
Joanne Hallisey
Sr. Project Manager
MIT - Information Services and Technology
617-253-1894