Subject: [Wocky] google talk future directions...

From: "Paul B. Hill" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 16:44:05 -0500

>From <http://www.google.com/talk/developer.html#service_4>:

4. What other communication services will you federate with? 

We plan to support open server-to-server federation. We do believe, however,
that it is important to have the safeguards in place to ensure that we
maintain a safe and reliable service that protects user privacy and blocks
spam and other abuses. We are using the federation opportunity with
EarthLink, Sipphone and other partners to develop a set of best practices by
which all members of the federated network can work together to ensure that
we protect our users while maximizing the reach of the network. We are also
eager to hear from other people in the industry about how best to build a
federation model that is open, scalable, and ensures best-in-class user
experiences. If you have thoughts on federation or suggestions for how we
can better enable open communications, please share them with us at the
Google Talk Interoperability Google Group.
----
Some of the traffic on the Google Talk Interoperability Google Group seems
to indicate that the change will happen in the very near future. Supporting
evidence is that Google started publishing the SRV records on December 9th,
but at the moment the ports aren't open.

---

Somewhat orthogonal...

The people from Google Talk have been cooperating with people from the
Jabber Foundation to develop specifications for VoIP signaling and media
encoding.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Friday, December 16, 2005 4:11 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Sip] Jabber VoIP specs

For those that may not have seen this, the Jabber Foundation has published
their VoIP signaling and media encoding specs.  These specs have been
reconciled with Google Talk if I read the introductory comments correctly.
I'd be interested in any discussion of the design of these protocols by the
SIP gurus here...

http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0166.html
http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0167.html

FM

_______________________________________________
Sip mailing list  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sip
This list is for NEW development of the core SIP Protocol
Use [email-masked] for questions on current sip
Use [email-masked] for new developments on the application of sip