[Tango-L] Not Dancing with the music

Michael tangomaniac at optimum.net
Thu May 21 19:57:38 EDT 2015

The Argentines are content with knowing seven or eight figures which are
used over and over again. It's the North Americans who aren't content with a
"limited vocabulary." I remember when ganchos were in vogue, followed by
valcaldas and colgaldas. Connection isn't taught but how to do figures that
take up a lot of space on the dance floor.

Walking the tango presumes you know how to walk well. "When a man walks
beautifully, the woman wants to die in his arms. When a man walks terribly,
the woman wants to die."

When I sit out a tanda, I love to watch women's faces as they pass me. Very
few have a look of bliss. Some have a look that says "Please. Shoot me and
put me out of my misery." Others have a look that says "Please. Shoot him
and put me out of my misery.

Michael

Came home to New York where the Argentine Tango is better