[Tango-L] Not dancing with the music

Mary Menz marymenz44 at gmail.com
Tue May 19 18:49:30 EDT 2015

The rhythm of tango is not punctuated with a drum beat, one needs to be more sensitive to the pulse of the music, so tango is more challenging than ballroom rhythms, but even then, I have seen ballroom dancers execute choreographies that bear no relation to the beat, even when it’s hitting them over the head.