[Tango-L] Women's power in tango

natalie tangonata at aol.com
Mon Jun 15 16:32:44 EDT 2015

Please take me off the mailing list!

-----Original Message-----
From: Felicity Graham <graham.felicity at gmail.com>
To: tango-L <tango-L at mit.edu>
Sent: Mon, Jun 15, 2015 3:17 pm
Subject: Re: [Tango-L] Women's power in tango

I don't know quite what to say, but thank you.

I've got nothing more to add
just now beyond what I've already said about
women's power in the milonga but I
thought it was interesting Shahrukh
mentioned the golden age of Tango-L.  I
wasn't around then but I heard a
little about it.  I was very reluctant to use
a mailing list, being unused
to them, but curiosity prevailed and from my brief
glimpse, it sure beats
the chatter of social media. The UK tango groups I know
of on Facebook seem
to have a distinct geographical skew whereas the reach of
Tango-L would
appear to be more global. I think not knowing many of the
characters
personally because of that global spread is probably also a good
thing.

I picked up on a feeling lately in the list over 'was it' or 'had it
been
looking like' the end of Tango-L?  That would be a shame I think.  It
seems
unique & I think offers a good alternative to the discussion groups
on
social
media.

Felicity