[Tango-L] Moonlight in VT Tango weekend, Sept. 10-13, 2015 with Orquesta Sin Trabajo

gerd hirschmann tangovermont at aol.com
Mon Aug 10 10:34:36 EDT 2015

Come join us for this year's 10th Anniversary of “Moonlight in Vermont” tango weekend on September 10-13, 2015 in historic Brandon, Vermont.  We have a special program for you – and hope you will help celebrate this special occasion!

Two great locations in the historic town of Brandon,VT: the Brandon Inn with the exquisit original dance floor and the Brandon Town Hall, our new venue with a large wonderful floor a short walk from the Inn.

Live music with Orquesta Sin Trabajo, which has a reputation of being a dancers orchestra that makes it hard to stay seated. Set up in Buenos Aires style with tables surrounding the dance floor for our opening Milonga on Thursday, September 10 – the Town Hall will be also used for a 1:00 pm concert on Friday afternoon and the orchestra’s musicality class on Saturday 1:00 pm with practicas following each day.

Join us for this special weekend and enjoy the chance to study again with our favorite teachers: Ariel Barrionuevo and Lorena Gasse (their only North American engagement this year!), Gustavo Benzecry-Saba and María Olivera (with special permission from Salon Canning), Fabian and Roxana Belmonte (the 9th year in Brandon for these special ambassadors of tango), George and Jairelbhi Furlong (back again after their show at Montreal’s Place Des Arts), Christy Cote (our friend and anchor for Argentine Tango in San Francisco) and Mary Ellen Peterson (our special friend and dancer in Boston) .

Take exciting workshops - or make it a tango marathon on two great dance floors with two great DJ’s Ilene Marder from New York and Judith Schwartz from New Hampshire for four milongas (three 'late-night') and three practicas in the picturesque Vermont setting of downtown Brandon,Vermont.

For more information and registration, please visit www.tangovermont.com