[Tango-L] Tango-L covert attacks

Michael tangomaniac at optimum.net
Tue Apr 14 23:18:09 EDT 2015

I never experienced this type of contact but I read other off-the-wall
comments. I looked at Tango L as a fountain of information. I never
suspected that colossal egos were involved.

I belong to another list (which has nothing to do with tango.) There's a guy
who flames. (Somebody on the list diagnosed him as having disassociate
personality disorder.) He will start arguments and twist what people write
to justify his comments. He loves to write "You lose. I win" though nobody
can quite figure out what he won. This is a moderated list that nobody
moderates.

This was the mentality of some posters on Tango L. They had to be right and
tried to destroy those who contradicted their belief system.  I was
unprepared for this behavior and stepped onto a few landmines.

There will never be universal agreement on how to dance tango. Instead of
appreciating diversity, it was "my way or get off Tango L." Posters who you
thought were your friends were stabbing you in the back in PMs.

Moderation has to be discussed before the list is resurrected. Yes, rules
were posted but they were often ignored by the same people over and over.
(I'm not mentioning any names.)

Michael

Came home to New York where the Argentine Tango is better