[Tango-L] Back in business

Michael tangomaniac at optimum.net
Tue Apr 7 16:42:07 EDT 2015

Thank you, Shakrukh for activating my email address to send messages.

Before the list comes back into business, we need to have a conversation
about moderation. I don't have statistics but I'm guessing 5% of the old
list caused 80% of the problems, e.g. flames and ad hominem attacks. Then
there was the problem that new members couldn't join unless their first
message was approved. Without approval, their message stayed in moderation
status and was never posted.

Unfortunately, it all fell on Shahrukh. He needs to staff to monitor
messages and add new members. Otherwise, Tango L will burn again.

Glad to be back.

Michael

Came home to New York where the Argentine Tango is better