[Tango-L] verdemar

Timothy Pogros timmytango at aol.com
Tue Jun 11 23:22:40 EDT 2013

weeks ago, someone was looking for songs with womens names in them.

I offered the song Verdemar.

then the posts got very interesting, because this is one of my favorite
songs. What a unique setting in the song

Someone mentioned that Verdemar really ment "Green Eyes" and that is
was not women's name.

Maxi Gluman is in my home as I write and we looked and we talked about
this subject. So, we looked for the music sheet of the song.
In the lyrics Verdemar is capitalized, meaning this is a persons name.
If verdemar was in all small letters verdemar would then have ment
"Green eye:

Just my two cents

Verdemar.... Verdemar....
your eyes filled with silence...
I lost you, Verdemar.
Your yellow hands... your lips without color
and the cold of the night in your heart
You are missing.... you are no longer here
your eyes have extinguished, Verdemar

I met you without thinking it, and i cheered my days
forgetting the anguish of my hours.
But soon life was merciless with you.
and in your lips my kisses died of cold.
And now... what course will I take?
roads without dawn get me lost again.

You will return, Verdemar.....
It's the soul that has a premonition about your return.
 You will arrive, you will arrive....
Through a white road your spirit willcome
Looking for my fatigue and here you will find me.