[Tango-L] Tango Dinosaurs, Unite!

Nina Pesochinsky nina at earthnet.net
Sun Jul 14 21:27:58 EDT 2013

Dancers,

I have been hanging with the youtube, thinking about the current state of tango, missing Club Almagro and the dancers that I knew that are no longer here.  I see new people coming to tango all the time.  Many are from the US, and many are from other cultures.  And many know nothing about tango!  Nothing about its history, its codes, its meaning or its people!  And I become very depressed when I encounter this state of tango being reduced to only movement …

So I decided to offer some action…    Because I am extremely fond of Facebook, I have created a page that is called “Tango Dinosaurs, Unite!”  Tango Dinosaurs know who were Portlea, Virulaso, Finito, Todaro!  You have seen Gavito dance and maybe even some of his shows in the late 1980s and early 1990’s.   And you have seen and experienced much more.  You have been hanging out in Buenos Aires since the 1980s or 1990s.  Every year you swear that you will never go back, and you never keep that promise.

I am looking for you!  We need to know about each other.  Please join the group, post videos, pictures, or anything else that is a part of your dance genesis from  that special era.  And I will feel most privileged to be among you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/618027328229381/edit/

My warmest regards,

Nina