[Tango-L] Ideas, please - how to make a Wed. night bar milonga successful

Lois Donnay donnay at donnay.net
Wed Aug 14 14:11:36 EDT 2013

We have a Wed. night milonga here - free lesson at 8:30, dance 9 to
midnight, cover $6, beautiful floor, fancy place in a hotel bar so
drink/food prices are high.  Happy hour starts at 10, and there is a rush
at the bar at that time.

I'd like to make it more popular.  Since we have a free milonga with live
music at a nice place on Sundays (with a lousy floor, though), it's tricky
to get people to pay too much.

What are some of the things that you have seen to make a mid-week milonga
better attended? I've thought of combining the cover with a free glass of
wine, or half-price cover after 10:30.  Half price cover for students
hasn't worked so well.

--
Lois Donnay
www.mndance.com