[Tango-L] music and candencia

Tango 22 tango22 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 01:54:56 EDT 2013

It is a mistake to think that really good dancers memorise the music.  Of course we all know many of the "top 40" and we listen to Tango all the time, because we love the music as much as the dance; but it is much more important to concentrate and feel the the music and to interpret it in the moment, in the context of the floor, the crowd, your partner and even your mood.  I recommend Joaquin Amenabar's excellent book "Tango, Let's Dance to the Music", http://www.joaquinamenabar.com, if you want a solid grounding in the structure and phrasing of Tango music.