[Tango-L] Tango-L Music and Cadencia

Romero Migdalia migrom at nyc.rr.com
Wed Apr 3 12:47:42 EDT 2013

I too agree wholeheartedly.  After years of observing milongueros in BsAs, there are a few other differences I note in their dancing.  These differences are what I look for on any tango dance floor, be it in NY, where I live, or elsewhere.  Milongueros dance simply, and are not in constant motion.  By and large, they do not step on every beat.  It is as if they select to savor a particular word, sentiment, instrument, or melody as they dance.  They also tend to move like a wave (a subtle up and down movement), rather than on a straight and rigid parallel line.  That is all part of what I feel distinguishes the milonguero's dance form.  It is what brings tears to my eyes.  And yes, there is nothing more important than the music and the more we listen to it, become familiar with it, and really hear it, the better we dance.
Migdalia Romero
Author: Tango Lover's Guide to Buenos Aires
Website: www.tangoloversguide.com