[Tango-L] Which band is interpreting this tango?

Robert Dodier robert.dodier at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 14:42:01 EDT 2012

On 10/27/12, Burak Özkösem <buraktango at gmail.com> wrote:

> it's "Caricias" Hugo Duval ( one of Biagi's singers) after Biagi, he did
> few albums with the some of Biagi musicians keeping the Biagi style, this
> song is from the album called "Recordando a Biagi" by Hugo Duval.

I'll have to check that out, I think Duval is an excellent singer.
Very well-trained, very forceful, dramatic, but not too much.
Duval is at the outer limit of how much drama I can accept from
a tango singer; Jorge Maciel, for example, is over the top.

There is also a fine performance of "Caricias" by Biagi with
Carlos Heredia as the vocalist. It's on "Sus exitos con Duval, Heredia,
Saavedra, y Amor".

Happy listening,

Robert Dodier