[Tango-L] Tango, Social Media

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 2 22:39:45 EST 2012

--- On Thu, 12/29/11, kace ong <kaceong at gmail.com> wrote:

Of course a lot of the chatter has definitely moved into local sites that
serve regional communities;  that is traditionally why Tango-A was spun
out from Tango-L.   But Tango-L is a forum for deeper, more universal
topics, a place for Q & A, and a place to get opinions from peers.  I hope
going into 2012 there will be a resurgence in its central role in the
Tango world.

---

Kace, I think that with today's media, the tolerance for deep discussions solely through the written word has dijminished.  Today, people want to be entertained with strong visuals and not just informed.  With social media, there is so much of a need/expectation of positive reinforcement, then people are less likely to offer critiques of what people post.  It's leading to a society of wusses.

Trini de Pittsburgh