[Tango-L] Hey

Huck Kennedy tempehuck at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 11:54:55 EST 2012

On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 11:39 PM, Myk Dowling <politas at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think it looks sufficiently like spam/phishing attacks that I'm not going
> to click it.

        With any more than a cursory glance, it is obviously a booby
trap:  A link slightly different than an actual well known link (in
this case, msnbc), and some non-person-specific, generic greeting in
the subject pretending to be familiar like they know you personally.
Unfortunately, I was preoccupied at the time and didn't give it more
than a cursory glance (which is pretty rare for me) and I clicked it.
My Avast anti-virus immediately started squawking like a wet hen with
a popup and a verbal warning from the speakers and I killed the bad
window within a second or two, so I guess I managed to escape my
carelessness.  :)

Huck