[Tango-L] tango visitor in Richmond, Virginia

Robert Dodier robert.dodier at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 17:00:47 EDT 2012

As it happens, I was in Richmond VA recently on business
and I had the opportunity to dance a little while I was there.
I'm happy to say it's the most welcoming tango community I've
encountered. I attended the Wednesday night milonga at the
restaurant C'est le vin and the 3rd Friday milonga at
Virginia Museum of Fine Arts. VMFA was the larger of the two events and it's
a really wonderful setting. The museum grounds are beautiful and
we danced in the atrium with curious bystanders looking on.
Afterwards some friendly Richmonders dragged me off to
Charlottesville for late night dancing.

It was an entirely delightful experience which I'll recommend
without hesitation. I'm told Facebook is the best way to find
info about tango in Richmond. There is also a Yahoo group
(RichmondTango) which has announcements about current events and
and a somewhat out of date website (richmondtango.org).

Thanks to all the fine folks in Richmond! See you later!

Robert Dodier
Boulder, CO