[Tango-L] About music composer copyright

dwyliu@gmail.com dwyliu at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 02:42:48 EDT 2011

Hi Kase,

Your logic is good.  While one could be a member of SADAIC, I suspect the
language barrier makes it very different, so in the US most are members with
the US agencies (ASCAP, etc.).

I believe the following are public domain:

http://www.sadaic.org.ar/index.php?titulo=&nro_obra=&autor=fondo+nacional&area=busqueda&subarea=resultados&capitulo=B%EF%BF%BDsqueda+de+Obras+y+autores&tipo=abierta

If you search on SADAIC's site, and it says "fondo nacional de las artes", I
think that is public domain (although am not sure).

Also, I am not sure if the "public domain-ness" refers to the composition,
or to the performance.  Hopefully the list will help (especially if your
Spanish is better than mine!)

Best,
David