[Tango-L] Tango Competitions

dwyliu@gmail.com dwyliu at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 23:51:45 EDT 2011

Hi,

I have a couple of young tango students who wanted to compete, so we've been
helping them prepare for a stage-type competition, with the idea that they'd
go to the USA Tango Championship.  However, I believe the qualifications
have just changed, and now require that both people be 18.  (One of them is
16).

I was reading here:
http://www.argentinetangousa.com/tango-festival-2/competition-registration

I feel very bad for them, as they'd worked very hard.

Does anyone know why the rules changed?  Or did we just miss it???

Any thoughts/advice?  Do you know of any other competitions which would be
appropriate for them?

Thanks,
David