[Tango-L] Flat foot, heel first or toe first?

Jack Dylan jackdylan007 at yahoo.com
Fri May 6 00:33:28 EDT 2011

Like others, I'm surprised that this subect has come up again.

Heel or toe first? For me, I think Javier Rodriduez.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJpQeSJxqKo

But it's really just a question of personal style. I always dance
in close embrace and, for that way of dancing, heel first is more
comfortable.

All the dancers I see dancing toe first frequently open the embrace.

But I don't think that heel first equates with shorter steps. Ballroom
dancers use much longer steps than any tango dancer but they all
land heel first. It's all to do with the energy projected by the man.

Jack