[Tango-L] Milonga Para Los Niños 2011

John Lowry john at lowry.com.au
Thu May 5 19:07:58 EDT 2011

Remember when many people ran a milonga in 2001 to help people devastated by the Argentine financial crisis?  Here we are, 10 years on, still doing it.  Our vision is to unite the Tango world in a BIG tango embrace, so that we can embrace distressed children in Argentina and Latin America with the tangible love of our small effort.  In the 10 years since 2001, we have changed the lives of helpless children and in the process gained many wonderful friends in Australia, Argentina, Canada, the US and other parts of the world.

In that time, friends of Milonga Para Los Niños have organised milongas in all the mainland capitals of Australia, Buenos Aires & Munich Germany.

Will you join the big worldwide Tango embrace by organising one milonga in your Tango community for Milonga Para Los Niños?

The rules are simple.  The type and size of your event to suit your community and capability (we want you to keep going).  Any time to suit yourself, but around the last week of July is good.  $100 from a milonga is not too small.  $10,000 is good too. organisers do not accept payment; deduct only real, necessary expenses.

Examples of home (Brisbane, Australia) milongas:
www.paralosninos.net
http://youtu.be/CjcmJ-HdOYA?hd=1
http://www.skypoint.com.au/SkyPoint-Nights/Tango.aspx
and Sydney:
http://youtu.be/PA7-tjUlXSs

  Soc. Para Los Niños Inc. is a registered non-profit organisation in Queensland, Australia.  Accounts are audited annually.  All funds raised go direct to identifiable projects.  Our most recent project is the reconstruction of Civil Los Horneros Foster Home on the outskirts of Buenos Aires.
http://youtu.be/XYr9bV8PbJc

If you want to organise a milonga, or ask a question, please contact president at paralosninos.net
Regards,
John