[Tango-L] How to make women happy (and yet be true to myself)

Charles Roques c.roques at mchsi.com
Wed Mar 30 11:03:26 EDT 2011

<<OK..I guess not that many tangueros are interested in the trials and tribulacions of a Milonguero style commited newby with 3 and 1/2 years under his belt or between his ears>>

not necessarily, there are plenty who dance like that.

<<I'm here in Mexico city...with the majority of dancers ...trained in the stage performance dance...but obliging enuf to dance with heavy retros like me.....that is: not to fly...but to plod along>>

why do you say "plod" with its negative connotation?  Simpler, less showy are better words.

<< having changed from my Milonguero florshimes into my Newbalance sneakers ... me wearing Newbalance sneakers and having nothing to lose >>

Actually you could have a lot to lose in terms of refining your dancing.  Sneakers or running shoes are not good for dancing, not to mention, unattractive...too wide (to create a narrow profile) soles too thick (to really feel the floor) too much bounce (for refining a bounceless smooth walking style.)  They are okay for a lot of nuevo stuff but not good for tango de salon or milonguero.   And unless Florsheim has started making dance shoes, the soles are too thick on most of them as well.

<< that if I kicked someone or stepped on her foot....NO PROBLEM... I WAS LEAPING AND JUMPING UP AND DOWN...I threw her to the left...I threw her to the right...up and down  !!!!   etc .>>

Alternative milongas – the best thing to happen to tango.

Cheers