[Tango-L] How to make women happy (and yet be true to myself)

Mario sopelote at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 30 10:13:36 EDT 2011

OK..I guess not that many tangueros are interested in the trials and tribulacions of a Milonguero style commited newby with 3 and 1/2 years under his belt or between his ears...however you prefer it..... I'm here in Mexico city...with the majority of dancers ...trained in the stage performance dance...but obliging enuf to dance with heavy retros like me.....that is: not to fly...but to plod along...although with candencia when I have it together.... trying not to make this a Jack Keroac tract....anyway, knowing that I'm going to bore the young flyers and still not satisfy the older flyers... I came upon a tactic quite by accident;.. having changed from my Milonguero florshimes into my Newbalance sneakers ...ready to leave the outdoor Parke Mexico Milonga of Sunday nite... Zass! they played one of MY SONGS!... a picado oldie that I couldn't resist... and so, I looked around and asked a young flyer for her hand... she (yawning) agreed... and off we went
 ...me wearing Newbalance sneakers and having nothing to lose because I knew that she would be bored at the end if I just continued my old ways...............  to be continued

..

www.youtube.com/user/nacotete
www.theopendoorway.org/audiovisual.html
"Life expands or contracts in direct proportion to one's courage." -Anais Nin
"The ultimate aim for every human being is to be immensely creative"-Norman Mailer