[Tango-L] Independent Tango Bands

Huck Kennedy tempehuck at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 21:19:11 EDT 2011

On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 5:25 PM, Sergey Kazachenko <syarzhuk at gmail.com> wrote:
> I like Los Chantas. While firmly rooted in the traditional tango, they
> add hints of jazz (at least that's what I think).

        Which makes for an interesting concert band.   So far, Q-Tango
is the best US tango dance band I've heard.   They're dedicated to
catering to dancers, they mostly stick to Golden Age dance music, and
they're tighter than everybody else.   They understand what playing
for dancers entails.  You can count on them to be there on the beat,
bam!  No fuzziness.  Plus their singer is great.

Huck