[Tango-L] heads up

Alexis Cousein al at sgi.com
Wed Jun 22 18:01:31 EDT 2011

On 22/06/2011 23:27, Alexis Cousein wrote:
> Looking at some videos, I seem to be looking at the height of
> my partner's face in open embrace some of the time, which
> means looking down if the follower is a lot smaller than I am.
> At other times I look level. It also seems to depend slightly
> on navigation when there are lots of people around.
>
> In close embrace I either look level or have my head arranged so
> that it touches the followers, with the tilt depending on the
> height of the partner and the exact embrace (which is
> negotiated - it seems I'm not particularly fussy in enforcing
> the One Embrace to Rule Them All with all the followers I dance
> with).

Following some private e-mail conversations (which were
not flame-fest but enlightening and friendly), I should point out
that I *DO* object to leaders looking down enough to disturb
the embrace (in open embrace either by hiding their centre,
in close embrace by pushing the follower with the head or even
in the most extreme case turning it into a "head and arms"
connection).