[Tango-L] Men's strategies

NANCY ningle_2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 16 23:51:48 EDT 2011

--- On Thu, 6/16/11, hbboogie1 at aol.com <hbboogie1 at aol.com> wrote:

From: hbboogie1 at aol.com <hbboogie1 at aol.com>
Subject: [Tango-L] Men's strategies
To: tango-l at mit.edu
Date: Thursday, June 16, 2011, 11:15 PM

Micheal, this is wonderful, i am glad you shared it with the list....I
>> have one issue to disagree with...often in BA , the next tanda with a new
>> partner is pre arranged on the dancefloor. AS  men  are dancing with one
>> woman, they are signaling  to another women with whom they want to dance for
>> the next tanda...many of these arrangements are made ahead of time, way
>> before the cortina, while the people are dancing with other partners...very
>> interesting, sherrie

Where in the world did you get this information? The only man that would prearrange the next tanda while dancing is either a tourist or an idiot or both.

As it happens, it is only milongueros who have arranged for the next tanda with me while dancing with another.  They do it by raising their eyebrows or winking or moving their index finger in a "next one"  gesture as they pass by my table.  Some of the dance halls are very big and many folks are too vain to wear their glasses, so they might not see you until they are nearby.  The older gentlemen do not dance every tanda.  Some times they do not dance at all.  Unless one is very brazen and makes the rounds of the tables greeting all of them ( which is done only by one American woman that I know of)  they might not realize you are in the house. They certainly do not stop at the table and negotiate a tanda unless both the man and his partner are very old friends and he would still wait to see what music will be played before he commits to a dance.