[Tango-L] The spread of Tango

Michael tangomaniac at cavtel.net
Tue Jun 14 15:39:59 EDT 2011

Janis Kenyon posted some youtube videos from Por Lo Celia on her blog but I forgot the link. Google can probably find it.

I don't define traditional as to whether salon or milonguero style is danced but by logistics. Single and unaccompanied dancers sit across from each other in a well illuminated room and cabeceo is used to invite and accept a dance. This by itself is enough to separate BA milongas from those in the United States where the room is usually dark, cabeceo can't be used, and women look like commuters waiting for a late subway, bus, or train to arrive.

Michael
Going home to New York after 35+ years