[Tango-L] The spread of tango

Valentin TIEDE tdval at wanadoo.fr
Thu Jun 9 17:29:54 EDT 2011

To the mail from Bristol (below) :
Probably the Ballroom and Argentine tango were the same somewhere in Europe, but not everywhere (see "Why the English fail at tango" - an opinion of a British (!) lady from 1925 in "http://jantango.wordpress.com/2010/04/01/why-the-english-fail-at-tango/").
And they certainly were not at all the same in the area of Rio de la Plata where (I guess) in the Golden Age they even didn't know what a Ballroom Tango is.
But probably some experts know the name of a porteño who won a championship in ballroom tango somewhere in the north of the equator

Best regards
Valentin