[Tango-L] Building the Myth

Cherie macfroggy at aol.com
Sat Jun 4 22:35:40 EDT 2011

<<Personally, I find the 4 broader categories (salon, milonguero, nuevo, fantasia/show) sufficient for describing the different styles.>>

I agree, Trini. And I think trying to label everyone's dancing and to put it in a shoebox with a name serves no purpose.

I used to dance with Pupy at milongas and he danced milonguero style. But this video is an exhibition, and he put all kinds of non-milonguero moves into his performance: open embrace, lapices, ganchos, lots of walkward walking, etc., that he would never do in a milonga.

Don't forget folks, we dance who we are--and from time to time that changes.

Saludos!
Cherie

http://tangocherie.blogspot.com

*Tango Lessons, Tango Tours, Taxi Dancing*

 See our reviews on *TRIP ADVISOR*: