[Tango-L] Tango radio show

Jack Dylan jackdylan007 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 30 14:39:50 EDT 2011

I agree with John that it depends on your audience.

I was once interviewed on an arts radio programme. I started off by telling them
that in2009 Tango music and its traditional dance was declared part of the world's
Cultural Heritage of Humanity by the United Nations with the aim of preserving it
for future generations. This made it clear that Tango is an important part of Argentine
culture and something to be taken seriously.

I agree that Gardel is a good place to start and then go through Tango's evolution
with special emphasis on the Golden Age. Finish off with Piazzolla and a little Nuevo,
while stressing the continued importance of music from the Golden Age.

Jack

From: Lois Donnay <donnay at donnay.net>