[Tango-L] Metro competition

Michael tangomaniac at cavtel.net
Mon Jul 25 07:01:04 EDT 2011

> Sergio Vandekier <sergiovandekier990 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> Deby says: "These people complaining are not legal residents. Yet they feel
> they
> deserve the right to compete when the rules plainly stated you must either
> be born an Argentine or hold legal residency. Just like the rules in the
> USA."
>
>  Michael I think that Deby and you are saying the same thing.

Sergio:
I'm NOT convinced Deby and I are saying the same thing. Let's go back to the
ORIGINAL article:

*This year, things got more bleak for foreigners at the Metropolitano.
Organizers inserted a new rule stipulating that the May event would be
open only
to "aficionados and/or professionals of Argentine nationality." *

Is the article wrong? Can you compete if you're a *legal resident*? If the
article is right, then foreigners CAN'T compete, even if they are legal
residents. If possible (I don't know Argentine immigration laws,) It would
be interesting if a foreigner became a naturalized Argentine. Then would the
rules be changed that only NATIVE BORN Argentines can compete?

Michael
Looking forward to returning to the dance floor after surgery