[Tango-L] Una Pregunta

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 22 15:30:33 EDT 2011

Hi Gordon,

Having experienced nirvana many times and knowing that searching for it only leads me to disappointment when I don't find it, I've learned to just relax and have fun.  I appreciate those I dance with as friends.  When I do dance, I want to give it my all and not just go through the motions.

I admit that I'm particular about the music and matching it to my partner.  If I dance with someone who doesn't hear the music similarly to how I do, I'm bound to be disappointed and I don't want to be critical (inwardly, of course) of my partner.  So at times, I'll avoid the situation altogether.

It's also nice that there are enough okay-to-good dancers in my community that I don't feel obligated to dance with anyone just to encourage them to join the community.  I've paid my dues many times over and others are quite happy to take on my former role.

Trini de Pittsburgh