[Tango-L] Una Pregunta

Gordon Erlebacher gerlebacher at fsu.edu
Thu Jul 21 21:20:46 EDT 2011

I'll answer first, and my answer will probably be different than that of most people. I am a mathematician, and when first got exposed to tango, saw the many possibilities it offered. It was staggering. And when I got connected to one of my first teachers, I found out about the "structure" of the tango. There were rules of movements, interesting way steps were put together, etc. (not that I could do any of it). It was exciting. Ultimately, I do it for the sheer challenge of doing something difficult, and that includes combining connection, emotional involvement, choreography, navigation, technique, and everything else. I love a good challenge.

    Gordon