[Tango-L] why music is played in class

Michael tangomaniac at cavtel.net
Wed Jul 6 14:40:30 EDT 2011

I find that in any class, about HALF of the couples can't immediately execute the figure. The instructors move around the room helping them. Confused couples not being helped watch the couples being helped to try to figure out what to do. This is NOT necessarily an issue of technique. It can be an issue of understanding the figure. I NEVER wrote nor suggested that the figure itself is more important than placing it in the context of music. I wrote if you can't execute without the music, you can't execute with the music so understand the figure FIRST.

Michael
Going home to New York after 35+ years